The metal tube float flow meter is a variable area flow measuring instrument commonly used in industrial automation process control. It has the characteristics of small size, large detection range and convenient use. It can be used to measure the flow of liquids, gases and vapors, and is especially suitable for medium flow measurement with low flow rates and small flows. What are the advantages of metal tube float flow meter products?
1. High temperature resistance, high pressure resistance and corrosion resistance
The ability to measure high temperature, high pressure fluids is a major advantage of metal float flow meters, which measure liquid and gas flows up to 400℃and pressures up to 70 MPa. In this case, the floating position can not be observed with the human eye, but the flow rate can be indicated by the magnetic coupling induction display system. The flow meter itself is often made of high quality stainless steel, some lined with engineering plastics to measure corrosive fluids.
2. Wide range of applications
Flexible design according to flow process parameters. For example, at low temperatures, if the medium tends to crystallize and solidify. Or to prevent the low temperature fluid from absorbing heat from the outside. Or when the fluid in the pipeline passes through the instrument at a temperature higher than room temperature, due to the temperature drop, the float does not work properly, the fluid viscosity has a significant change affecting the measurement of special needs,Or the fluid viscosity has a significant change affecting the special needs of the measurement, the flow meter with jacket insulation design can be used; the flow pulsation is large, and the flow meter with damping measures can be selected; the jacketed heat preservation flow meter can vacuum the interlayer to achieve the purpose of heating and heat preservation; when measuring high temperature fluid. A heat sink is designed in front of the indicator.
3. Flexible interface
The metal tube float flow meter can conveniently meet the installation conditions of the field pipeline.The inlet and outlet of the metal tube float flow meter can be designed with the structure of vertical inflow and horizontal outflow, vertical inflow and vertical outflow, horizontal inflow and outflow, and horizontal inflow and horizontal flow with different heights.
4. Remote measurement and control, intelligent operation
The metal float flow meter has no auxiliary power supply in the measurement field in many cases, and the pointer display flow does not need to be driven by an external power supply. Usually, the display has a modular remote analog signal output interface (4 mA to 20 mA). More advanced is also equipped with a digital interface compatible with the HART communication protocol, which can be used to calibrate and test the linearity of the transmitter by manual operation or PC programming, or to perform on-site parameter tuning and computer integration to implement remote measurement and control.
Disadvantages of metal tube float flow meters:
1. When the fluid is used and the factory calibration fluid is different, the flow indication value correction is required. The rota meter for liquids is usually calibrated with water, and the gas is calibrated with air. If the actual density and viscosity of the fluid are different, the flow rate deviates from the original index value and is corrected for conversion.
2. The glass rotator flow meter has the risk of fragile glass tubes, especially for non-guided structure floats for gas.
3. Most structural float flow meters can only be used for pipeline installations from bottom to top vertical flow.
4. Rotor flow meter application is limited to small and medium diameter pipe. Ordinary full flow type rotary flow meter cannot be used for large diameter. Glass tube rotor flow meter has maximum diameter of 150mm, metal rotor flow meter is 200mm, and larger diameter can only be used with diverting flow instrument.